Saturday, March 22, 2008

My Jesus, I Love Thee.

As I sat on the porch waiting on the kitchen floor to dry, this song came from my lips without my mind giving it the first thought. It is a great song for this day before Easter.


My Jesus, I Love Thee

William R. Featherston, 1864

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine;
For Thee all the follies of sin I resign.
My gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I love Thee because Thou has first loved me,
And purchased my pardon on Calvary’s tree.
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

I’ll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death,
And praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
And say when the death dew lies cold on my brow,
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.

In mansions of glory and endless delight,
I’ll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I’ll sing with the glittering crown on my brow;
If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, ’tis now.




3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that on such a day as this! As I was in town today I saw many people (like myself) getting new things for Easter Sunday and I cannot count the number of times the thought that, do they even know what Easter is all about?
    I am so glad that the Lord chose to put me in a home ware I would be raised p to know what Easter means!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you love the Lord!

    I wish I could have heard you sing.

    Your friendship is precious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie, your blog is such an inspiration to me. As a working Mom trying to homeschool, I'm behind and worn out most of the time. Your blog gives the inspiration to keep up the good fight! I think it helps more people in ways that you will never know. Miss you guys, hope the morning sickness gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails