Friday, May 21, 2010

All About Spelling

When I say that I have tried most spelling programs, trust me, I am not exaggerating. Here is a small list: Spelling Power, Spell to Write and Read, BJUP, Sequential Spelling....I'll stop there, you get the point.

I have been homeschooling for 10 years and I love the choices we have when it comes to materials. However, after reviewing most of those I was still dissatisfied with our spelling program. I felt it was important to teach the why's of spelling not just list of words.

Enter, All About Spelling.

I don't even remember how I learned about it. I am just glad I did. It takes the strengths of  most of the programs I listed above and puts them together in an easy to use, scripted format. My son (10) loves it and I am seeing that he retains most of the spelling rules. (Now, if I could just get him fired up about writing....that's another post). Review is built in, the materials are easy to use, gather and are pleasing to the eye.  The price is amazing for what you get!


If you have ever tried one of the very popular programs where the teacher/mom spends hours building her teachers guide and must watch DVD's to learn how to implement it? If so then you will be amazed that the Author, Marie Rippel, wrote a program based on those ideas and made it so easy to use that it requires almost NO teacher preparation time. I am not kidding!

It is a beautiful program. Check it out. If you have questions the author will answer your email herself. I dont think you will be disappointed.



Blessings,

1 comment:

  1. I was happy to discover your blog today. I was unable to find a contact link. I hope it's OK that I'm contacting you through a public comment. I've developed an educational program for Windows called SpellQuizzer that helps children learn their spelling and vocabulary words without the battle that parents often have getting them to sit down and write them out while the parents dictate to them. The parent enters the child's spelling words into the software making a sound recording of each word. Then the software helps the child practice his or her words. It really helped my children with their weekly spelling lists.

    I would appreciate your reviewing SpellQuizzer in Treasures Unseen. If you are interested in hosting a giveaway of a SpellQuizzer license I'd be happy to supply a free license to the winner. You can learn more about the program at http://www.SpellQuizzer.com. There's a video demo you can watch at http://www.spellquizzer.com/SpellQuizzer-Demo.htm and a community site where SpellQuizzer users can share their spelling lists with one another (http://www.SpellQuizzer.com/Community). Finally, there's a page targeted to homeschooling families at http://www.spellquizzer.com/spelling-software-for-homeschoolers.htm. I'd be happy to send you a complimentary license for the software. Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thank you very much!

    Dan Hite
    TedCo Software
    Dan@SpellQuizzer.com

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails