Thursday, January 16, 2014

As a Child (from archives)

*Pulling from the archives here.....because sometimes I need to remind myself. :)

Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4



It was late.
What a nice day we had all had.
Snow covered everything. It was just as I had hoped for. Snowed in. With Dad here too.

So, why  was I getting ill?

Well, not to make excuses but it had been a full day of washing the snow covered wet clothes, and cooking, washing dishes, cooking again..... I was just tired. It was late.

The third or fourth western was blaring, the men were hooting. I was throwing a little pity party in my mind. (please know this did not last long)

Little Jenna wants to help. She is more than willing. I gave in and said "yes" to her plea to.....wash dishes.....gulp.....

So, I had not said a word. Just mumbling in my head. "I'm tired. I want to sit and read, or blog, I'm just working while everyone is at leisure."  Honestly, I'm embarrassed to tell it. But, for the sake of transparency, I will.

Jenna starts singing.....
A hymn...
Joyfully....

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22


Lord, forgive me, my heart cries. I talk to my girls about serving in your home, joyfully
Then it takes a little child to remind me.

I thank you, Lord, for these precious teachers in my little home.

~~~~

It's ten p.m. The sweet man is really needing chocolate. 
" I'll bake you some brownies"
"Are you sure? You have just finished cleaning the kitchen."
"Yes, it is no problem."

We are snowed in, what else do I need to do?

Enjoy my blessings. That's what I need to do.




1 comment:

  1. I did a lot of yelling at my kids today, I'm THAT mom today. Thank you for the reminder for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails