Monday, May 19, 2008

I Am Listening.


I love homeschooling and the life style that it affords us. However at times I have found myself overwhelmed by the duties and responsibilities that it brings with it. Add to that the fact that I am getting closer to my 3rd trimester and what you have is a woman that knows she has a lot required of her. This past Saturday I spent a lot of time contemplating the upcoming week and I just could not move forward from the overwhelmed feeling I had, it was suffocating. The Lord was getting me ready to be able to hear loud and clear his direction. As I turned pages in my bible to the reading that was for that very day ( I am reading the bible chronologically) this is what it said:

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. Psalm 61:2



Yes Lord, I hear what you are telling me. I will fall on The Rock that knows who I am, who my children are, and exactly what we need to accomplish.

4 comments:

  1. I too have been feeling overwhelmed by different things but my reading for today brought me to
    John 10:10
    "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that you may have life, and have it to the full."
    God doesn't just want us to survive but to enjoy life to the fullest! Isn't that encouraging? Thank you for your post.
    Hope:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here! As the school year is coming to a close I have been feeling really dumb for not finishing some stuff! Thanks for your post, it makes feel as though I am not the only one who has felt down here lately. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He always sends just what we need, right when we need it. (And I needed that too!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. God will give you the strength and the wisdom to do exactly what He asks of you...the problem is that too many times we ask ourselves to do things that are not important to God's Kingdom. I'm the queen in that department store!!

    Keep raising your children for the Lord, and being a Godly wife. You are an awesome, Godly mother and a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails