Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Confession Time

I am not a morning person. I have never, ever been one. I want to be really bad. I imagine all of the wonderful things I could do if I just got up earlier. It's a beautiful vision: Me all dressed and smiling with a nice warm breakfast to greet my kiddos after I have done my bible study and exercise and I have gone over the days to-do list and I am ready and in charge.


Then.....the alarm goes off. It is still dark. It is cold. The precious 3 year-old is snuggled in under my arm and all is right with the world (and I get nauseated just getting up before the sun) and my bed is warm and the house is quiet. I start the morning by failing. Failing to do what I have needed to do for years. I promise this has been going on for years. I clearly remember my mom waking me to the song "Oh, what a beautiful moring..." and me feeling like I was going to relive the scene from the Exorcist (you know, where her head spins and she pukes) And ever since I left the workforce when my 2nd born was one I remember those mornings of finally being able to sleep in and not having to drag the kids to my mom's house at 7:00 in the morning. It was heaven. Now, getting up early may not be for everybody. But, I have this grand  illusion that if I got up and accomplished those things listed above then my life would run smoother. I just have to see if that is the case.

So, as all of you bloggers know. The blogosphere is full of wonderful, godly women who help us all be better at what we do. I stumbled upon (divine intervention?) a challenge. It is called :

Hello Mornings



There is a free ebook. Today is the last day to register. It is free. It looks like a fun way to tackle a hard thing.
I really want to try to change the way things are going here at home. I think this may be the key to being more productive and successful in some things I am trying to do. I know it will teach the children a better example. I am just a night owl who is wanting to see how the other side lives. ( I stand in awe at  all of you morning glory types) :)

Wish me luck!

"prod yourself, kick yourself, it is the only way!"  The Disciplined Life by Richard Taylor.


1 comment:

  1. Whether you become a morning person or not no one could ever match the person that you are!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails