Monday, January 2, 2012

How to get your 12 year old man child...

...to enjoy working through the Body Book.


Allow him to color it like a swamp thing and call it by his oldest sister's name. ;)


In all truthfulness, I was so excited to do this book. Earlier in our year I happily introduced it to him and boy was I in for a downer. The man-boy was not too happy about cut and paste. So after dwelling on it over the holidays I decided to not give up. I also relaxed and agreed that he could be as creative with it as he wished. He still thinks it is goofy. I still believe it is a neat way to learn about our body. Let's face it, Apologia science books will come to him soon enough.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I love The Body Book and plan to use it with my girls. I used it in public schools when I was teaching an English/science course to immigrant students at the middle school. It's a great tool. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mouth is so much cleaner than that. I can't believe he would dare to call that thing after me...

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails