Sunday, September 30, 2007

James 4:15 - For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

Well, here I sit knowing that about right now Sunday School is getting started. I strained my back yesterday and all the plans I had made came to a halt. There is a big lesson in this for me. It shows how our plans are just that, ours. Only God knows what the day will bring. All of that wishing things would slow down so I could have some time.... I should have known better than to even think it. Thankfulness for the health and strength you have, when you have it, is a great thing. Because things can turn around fast! Now instead if wishing for "me" time, I am longing to be at the house of God with my family on this beautiful day.

Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Phil 4:11

Lord, I am a slow learner!

2 comments:

  1. Melanie,I enjoy looking at your blog everymorning.It is such a blessing.I know you do not know me,I am Amy Whitlocks mom.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Faye, you have a precious daughter!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails