Friday, September 21, 2007

Let me make full use of the time God has granted.

Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.
He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. Job 14:1-2


Coming to the realization that time does not stand still.

Childhood is such a short time. Having my babies at home with me seems like such a short time when I consider that my first born will be 12 soon. I married at 22, that is just 10 years away from her age. In homeschooling you can spend days, weeks, even years searching for the perfect curriculum or method. When, in reality there is not a day to spare on "getting ready" to have the ideal homeschool; for without the children there is no homeschool. Haven't you heard the little poem that says "babies don't keep." Now, I know that you must take some time to plan and study. I just want to share this thought because I know how easy it is to get caught up in the hunt for the perfect method. I have studied them all, you name it, I have probably read about it or bought it : ) (Just ask the UPS man). But the Lord has been impressing me with the sense that it is time to leave the forums of the homeschool world and work more diligently in the field that he has given me, my home. I know I have much to learn, but I want more of it to come by way of prayer with the One who created my children's heart and mind leading the way. I know these must be the some of the greatest days of my life. Let me make full use of the time God has graciously blessed me with.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...

    This one is just awesome, Melanie. Thank you for allowing God to use you as a vessel to pour His blessing on others. Thank you for your transparancy.

    You're right. And the next 10 years will be faster than the first.

    Keep up the good work. Don't look back. Finish the race. Keep the Faith.

    I love you,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails