Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Revival


Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee? Psalm 85:6

Our men praying at the little rock altar before service

Holy Manna, George At­kins, 1819

Brethren, we have met to worship and adore the Lord our God;Will you pray with all your power, while we try to preach the Word?All is vain unless the Spirit of the Holy One comes down;Brethren, pray, and holy manna will be showered all around.

Brethren, see poor sinners round you slumbering on the brink of woe;Death is coming, hell is moving, can you bear to let them go?See our fathers and our mothers, and our children sinking down;Brethren, pray and holy manna will be showered all around.

Let us love our God supremely, let us love each other, too;Let us love and pray for sinners, till our God makes all things new.Then He’ll call us home to Heaven, at His table we’ll sit down;Christ will gird Himself and serve us with sweet manna all around.

It is revival time again and how I long to have that Holy Manna showered all around. What a great treasure I have found. I need to share it more, I need a greater burden for the lost, I have so many just in my family. Oh, if they only knew. Nothing compares to the joy He can give. Our land needs a revival, a real experience of God's spirit, not just a feel good "God wants you to have the best" kind of thing either, we need to see broken hearts and contrite spirits turn from their ways and come to know Him. Lord, I thank you for the way you put me in. Let the church be revived and seek more after the spiritual and less of the temporal. Let us be prepared to leave our children with that Goodly Inheritance.

1 comment:

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails