Monday, November 12, 2007

Salvation

After having conversation with a friend this morning about how Satan would like nothing more than to destroy as many people as he can I began singing this song. I have sung this song many, many times but the first few words grab me every time. I know how close I came to being destroyed by him and I grow each day to appreciate what Jesus done for me and what He brought me from.
~
Saved From the Flames of Hell
By: Kyla Rowland
~
How Satan would have loved to destroy my soul,
that was his burning desire.
Till one day by grace, though faith in a cross,
the Lambs blood put out the fire.
~
Chorus
I'm saved, I'm saved, redeemed and set free
no longer a poor sinner lost,
for between me and the flames of hell
is the blood He shed and an old rugged cross.
~
Now it's the same blood that stands in the gap for us all,
fire can't burn a blood washed soul,
and we could all be sent to that fiery place,
but for the sweet Lamb from whose veins it flowed.

2 comments:

  1. I am so grateful for the songs you have brought into my life. That one is SO powerful. Thank you for sharing it.

    The Lord laid this verse on my heart for you this morning - I don't know why, but I want to be obedient and share it with you:

    "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble...therefore, we will not fear....there is a river whose streams make glad the city of God...Cease striving and know that I am God...The God of Jacob is our stronghold." Psalm 46

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails