Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cooking Experiment

I haven't said anything about my health goals lately. I'm just waiting for the right time. You know, the time I feel like I can do it and not quit....

Anyway, I've been at a new eating plan (I don't like the D word) for the last three weeks.

It requires that I eat tons of veggies and lean protein, low fat and no sugar. I know, your thinking I'm crazy. Well, that may be true but we won't go there. This is really like clean eating and that is something I've been really wanting to try but never had the courage.

I'll tell you more about the plan later. Right now I wanted to share a recipe. I felt like one of those happy chefs on the Food Network. I was just cooking and tossing in ingredients like I knew what I was doing. Boy, it turned out awesome!




I've come to love vinegar and spices. They add so much to the food. I don't miss the fat and sugar at all. This started with two chicken breast and a hungry momma.

Here is the list, as best as I can remember. I didn't measure a thing.

-Two boneless, skinless chicken
breast, sliced or cubed
-Extra virgin olive oil, 1 TBS
-white wine vinegar
-chicken broth, fat free, low sodium, no MSG
-lemon juice
-pepper, to taste
-a tad bit of kosher salt
-baby spinach, raw, about two cups
- sliced raw mushrooms, 1 cup
-onion & garlic powder , 1 TBS each
- Parmesan cheese, 1/4 c

Start with EVOO. Add chicken to hot pan with oil. Begin to cook. At this point I added the spices, vinegar (1/4 cup?) and poured in some broth, 1/2 cup maybe. When chicken is no longer pink add mushrooms. Pour in some lemon juice, again I just poured, perhaps about 1/8- 1/4 cup, maybe less. After mushrooms are cooked down toss in the spinach. Just let it wilt a little. Remove from heat and sprinkle with 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese. (If you can find lemon pepper seasoning that does not have MSG then that would be good too.) Serves 2
Yum!




Pin It
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails