Monday, July 26, 2010

I Love this Man


And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things! 
Romans 10:15


He works so hard.
He is always smiling.
He is always encouraging.
He is witty.
He is handsome. :) *kids groaning* (the think we are gross and mushy)
He believes in me.
He loves me and I know it.
He is an optimist.
He never complains.
Oh, how he loves the Lord.
He's my favorite preacher.
He's my best friend.
We are still so smitten with each other. (since 1987!)
He's the best father I have ever known.

God smiled on me and showed me great favor the day he sent Greg into my life.

In the picture above he was out on the porch trying to read. I knew that sleep would over take him as soon as he sat down. He was preaching a revival at night while working in this extreme southern heat all day. I knew he was so tired. I am inspired by him and I want to do all I can to make his life easier and to allow him to rest more because he does all of that for me. He even feeds my need for gadgets and books. I am so blessed.

3 comments:

  1. You are so mushy! Dx
    LOL,good picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture says so much!! You truly captured the essence of a full-time pastor who also has a full-time job. God bless our preachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one precious post, Melanie. You are a special couple, and you inspire me. God has His hand on your family. You are wonderful examples to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails