Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Very Simple Menu Planner



Here it is. My very simple menu planner. It's so simple I wonder what possessed me to share it. ;) Well, I guess because if I could have found a printable online that was JUST LIKE IT then I would have not even made it. I like having the little square that list what we have to do that day. It helps me a lot. Since I am doing THM (Trim Healthy Mama) I print it two-sided. On the back I write the variation for the family. With THM we do eat mostly the same thing, with the exception of starchy veggies, breads and sweets. I am moving them toward more THM meals and snacks, but I really just needed time to get myself totally adjusted to it before adding the entire family.

This is my grocery list. It is organized aisle by aisle of my local Ingles Market. I do NOT go to the store without this list!

Do you meal plan or just wing it? My family hates it when I try to just wing it! They rejoice when I say that I'm off to the grocery store. I am not kidding, it really makes them happy. They also like to cook. It's really cool!

Here is what it looks like all filled out. I am a mess.... Look at all those colors and notes.

The funny thing is I am very much a techy girl. I love my iPhone and iPad, but I have yet to be able to do my meal planning on the digital gadgets. There is something about pen and paper that helps me think. (I need all the help I can get)
Linking up with Trim Healthy Tuesdays

5 comments:

  1. lol, I just found your blog and can totally relate to the techie but need to write the menu! :) BTW, I am also a THMing pastor's wife! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so alike! I'm a techie girl, too. But, sometimes, my Word charts just don't make it to print. Writing out the menu is definitely the way to go! And I love yours! Thanks for sharing it.

    My family gets excited when I shop for groceries, too.

    I've been hearing so much about THM. Is it really that doable? So many weight loss books contain meal plans with unusual recipes that require hard to find ingredients. All the rave reviews on THM has me wondering if I should grab a copy. ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa,
      Thanks for stopping by! THM is so much more than just a diet book. It is full of information about health. Even though my weight loss has been slow with it, I feel so free from the restrictive diets of my past. There is a highly active Facebook group that you should join. Here is a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/trimhealthymamas/
      A lot of questions can be answered for you. There are a couple of ingredients that I had never heard of, but they are really good products and I find them easily at Amazon. :)
      Also, let me know if you get this reply. I am just not too sure about bloggers comment reply function some times. Thanks and have a blessed day!

      Delete
  3. When I get to plan meals, it's one of the highlights of my week - seriously. And paper...I love paper. I love things I can mark off. It's just pure happiness for my organizing soul.
    I love Ingles too. :-) You must be semi-local.
    Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails