Friday, February 4, 2011

Do I really want to do this?

Umm......
I don't know.
But, I think it will help.

Ok, here goes.....

For the last 15 months I have been on a on-again-off-again weight loss journey. The first 9 months or so, I was totally focused. Lost 30 pounds. Then, {how does this happen?}It's like I just woke up and forgot how to focus.

You see, I am the type that is easily thrilled by the new and when boredom sets in I will go searching for something different. (Could that have something to do with that nasty little D word? You know......Discipline.....oh, that hurts!)

Anyway, so I lost 30 pounds.....now for the past several weeks I have watched that scale go up, nothing major just moving in the wrong direction. All the while I have kind of just played with my diet and have not really been consistent with anything.

It is NOT for the lack of knowledge or tools. I have everything I need except for sticktoittiveness. {Did you know that was a real word?}

See I have a FitBit....neat little gadget.

fitbit Wireless Trainer






I also have a Polar HRM in pink.....
Leslie Sansone....I should own stock in her company.
Weight Watchers....I know it like I know my husband....even the new program. (see the keyword...NEW)

I just got tired of thinking about it. But you see I am not 25 anymore. I dislike the aches and pains I am feeling. Honestly, It is not about looks, it is all about health and being able to take a hike and not have to lay in the grass to catch my breath.:) And I NEVER, EVER, EVER want my kids to look at themselves and say "I need to lose 90 pounds!"

So, here is what I am going to do. It is simple. Three things...100 days.

Starting yesterday I began a 100 day challenge of my own making.
For 100 days I will
1) Get in 10,000 steps or more per day
2) Track all of my food
3) Stay in my calorie range

I will do a short post about each day and if I was successful or not.

So, if I have any regular readers (Hi, MOM!) I will feel some accountability. I really don't want to prove to the whole world wide web that I can't follow through.....

So yesterday I:


and.....stayed within my calorie range
It was fun just because my little ones did it all with me. There is nothing as cute as a two year old keeping up with Leslie, well...maybe the 5 year old beside her. :)

1 day down.
1 day at a time.....{I am so not good at that!}

This all has something to do with all the reading I have been doing about living in the now to the fullest. I have cheated myself with years of excuses.

So. Here I go.

(Press the publish button Melanie......do it now.......quit thinking about it......)


{ I just want to update this here and say that if you want to know how this is working out for me you can read all of the post by clicking on the label 100 Days of Health Habit. Thanks!}

6 comments:

  1. ....or I could delete this post......


    Just kidding........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melaine,

    This sounds all too familiar.

    I started exercising in 2008, and since that time, I lost about 65 pounds. At any rate, I was staying within my targeted weight and then suddenly, by the end of last year, like you said, the scale was going in the "wrong direction," ugh!

    I also have not been "up to par" with my diet, and I have been slacking in my exercise. I used to exercise 5-6 times a week, and now I'm down to a pathetic 3 day routine, which I suddenly find difficult. Also, I REFUSE to get on the scale at this point. I don't care to see the results, ha!

    The truth of the matter is, it's difficult to remain as well as maintain a desired weight goal. It's nice when you first start because you see the scale goiing down and this motivates you. However, when that's over, you have to find something else to motivate you to keep going, and that's not always easy.

    So, it looks like you and me are in the same boat in regards to weight loss. Maybe we can encourage each other? :)

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Rose,
    That is a great idea! A 65 pound weight loss is amazing
    You can certainly achieve your goal!!

    Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you can do it and I am so proud of you, hopefully many, many years to enjoy children and grandchildren will keep you motivated!Our bodies are our temples to house His Precious Spirit, treat it with all the goodness that you can and keep it in tiptop shape!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on! You got it! And,I'll set back and watch you while eating my pizza and cherry Coke.

    :p

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails