Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 70 of 100 Days of Health

Day 70 was a day of trying new things in the kitchen. The last thing you want to do is get stuck in a rut with only a few choices of "healthy" meals that you like. My kids love to experiment with food so that helps out greatly.

Today we started with a lightened up version of French Toast that used Egg Beaters instead of eggs. I found it on the Spark Recipe site. They really liked it, kids like anything with a little powered sugar on it.

For lunch we tried a recipe from a Weight Watcher's cookbook that Jess and I have been going through for the last couple of weeks. It was WONDERFUL and pretty!

I changed it only a little.







Here we go, making a small mess.....I am a messy cook.

We used

French Bread, cut in 1/2 inch slices
Deli sliced Mozzarella Cheese
tomatoes
Baby Spinach
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp oregano
1 T. Olive Oil
1T. Red Wine Vinegar

So you mix the salt, pepper, oregano, oil and vingear together and brush it onto the bread.
Layer the cheese, tomato and spinach and then place a heavy object on top. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip, weight and cook the other side.





It was wonderful and fun!





I got my steps in (YAY!!!) 10,120 to be exact!

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails