Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Thankful for the Word.


There are times when anxiety and worry can get the best of me. Through those times there is only One who can get you through. The past couple of weeks have been that way for me. Greg came to me one evening, bible in hand and read slowly and purposely to me the following scripture.

And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.


How beautiful is that? How sweet it was to have it come from Greg with all love and sincerity. I am so blessed. So this has left me with a song on my heart for several days. It is from one of the most gifted songwriters I know. My favorite part is the chorus...and when I can't stand, I have to lean, and when I can't see I must believe. If you have ever heard Kyla or the Rowland's sing it then you know how powerful it is when it is seasoned with God' s spirit.


One Scarred Hand
by: Kyla Rowland

He is the fountain for a thirsty soul,
He is the healer and so much more,
When my heart is broken by this worlds demands
the pieces are mended with one scarred hand

And when I can't stand,I have to lean
and when I can't see, I must believe
the Great Physician's touch is the balm that can
mend broken hearts with one scarred hand.

It's the hand that hung this world in place
A hand that was scarred to give me grace,
and to think a hand that holds the stars,
is still small enough to mend a broken heart.

4 comments:

  1. What a true blessing. Scott, with his Bible in hand, has had to remind me too through the past months. It's a blessing to turn something over to God, but when our husbands so tenderly help us with our shaken faith, it adds a sweetness undescribeable...A true contented spirit.

    Thank you for sharing this. It was encouraging to read the scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. The Scripture and the song is so comforting! I really needed to read that today!! Thank you for your example and your light for the Lord.

    Love you lots,
    Noel

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was just beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a tender moment. The song is strong and powerful. I would love to hear you sing it one day.
    I MISS you and love you,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,
    Thanks so much for such a beautiful blog site.

    I have a wonderful friend (she also is a pastor's wife) that is going through a valley of tears. She emailed me yesterday to find words to the song "One Scarred Hand." I did a Google search and that is how I found your blog site.

    Please remember Jeannie in your prayers.

    In Christ,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails