Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thanks Mom!




Just a little post for my Mom.

As you can tell in the picture she is hands on.(she is holding Jenna, who is 3 1/2 and Janie) She gives her all for our family.

Today was one of the coldest days of the year. I need to go to the grocery store, bad! The fridge is empty. It is customary for my Mom to come and stay when we have a new baby. (For the record, my husband loves this!) When Janie was born she spent one afternoon putting up some fresh peas that my dad had picked. She also brought over a well seasoned iron skillet. Well, today we enjoyed those peas and wonderful cornbread. I was truly counting my blessings as those peas in my freezer served as a reminder of all the ways my Mom blesses our family. She gives willingly and freely of her time and energy to make our lives better and easier in whatever way she can. I pray I can do the same for my children and I really hope my grand-kids love me as much as our children love their Mimi.

3 comments:

  1. Your mom is such a go-getter! I hope I can be that energetic of a grandma when my turn comes!

    You should post that B&W picture of her and Janie with the shades of pink. That was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the idea. Here it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so easy being what I am through Gods strength and being blessed with the worlds most wonderful children and grandchildren! You are truly a wonderful example of what a mom should be in my heart. Thank you for being and becoming who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails