Friday, March 26, 2010

Remembering to Nurture

Somedays in the midst of homeschooling four children, housework and all the other duties I try to attend to it is hard to remember a simple truth that I ran across while reading this afternoon.

"Truly the children are like the tender plants.....there must be more sunshine than cloud, more pleasant warmth than winter cold to bring them to their fruitage." (from The Cross Triumphant by Florence M. Kingsley, a Lamplighter book)



The three R's are important, but their heart is my greatest cause and I am reminded, "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands..." (Proverbs 14:1)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for that reminder. I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know if it was you, or Tracy that said they had that apple dress.. but My Abby has it, I got it for her for Christmas, for like 2 dollars ... anyways.. she still doesnt fit in it but its sooo cute...

    Great post btw.... I am trying to take MORE time to "smell the flowers" lately :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a mother of three 5, 3, & 2; I can relate. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...and the greatest of these is love."
    How I forget.
    I'm really enjoying your blog. Please keep up the encouragement. You really have a gift for it.
    I love you,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails