Friday, August 12, 2011

Counting It All Joy

Just wanted to share a little thought. This week, as Facebook is full of moms who are proclaiming joy over the kiddos going off to school, I count it all a joy that mine are blissfully around my table for all three meals. They are under my feet, making messes, laughing, playing and learning. I still get as excited as I did at first when our new books arrive. I get weary of NOT getting enough done in the day, but never weary of the home-educating lifestyle. So, we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, all here together. {we do not eat like this every morning}  Eggs, toast, sausage, bacon, cantaloupe and fig preserves! Oh my!

Janie doesn't always wear her big sisters clothes {backwards} :)
I joke that by the time I am good at homeschooling the kids will be grown. :) Now, my Jessie will say, "Good! you can then help me with mine!" Would that not be the biggest blessing? I am so thankful for where God has lead our family. I can't imagine living it any other way!

2 comments:

  1. Your heart is the same as mine on this! I have seen many of the same comments and heard them from my friends...but I treasure that I do not have to send mine off to school. I love watching that spark in their eye when they get it or when they enjoy a topic. I do get stressed at the messy house and tight budget but it is so worth it! I cherish these moments and I really can relate to your post. I am so thankful for the circumstances that led me to homeschooling - and caused me to consider doing this, though at first I had the usual lack of confidence that I might not be able to teach my children well...I'm sure many of us have had that doubt! Your post really causes me to reflect on the beauty of James's words when he penned James 1:2...and how we should remember to seek joy in all things...trials and triumphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too sooooo appreciate that my babies have the home life that you ,Greg and GOD has afforded them, you are the Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails