Monday, August 1, 2011

The Pig Farmer

A quiet morning with my oldest. Something we rarely have. I went with her on her morning chores. It is kind of funny, her morning chore. You see, my opera-loving,viola-playing,camera clutching, book-loving 15 year-old daughter is a pig farmer. The daughter who hoards Germ-X goes through muck and mire every morning before breakfast to feed  "her babies."



She can drive that gator!


After a few "oops" (poor gutter spout) she is a pro!

Peaceful, no wonder sweet hubby loves to stay out here.

Oh, I have not the words to describe what this scene did for me. There are not enough nerve pills in the world to do for me what watching that hen with her babies did. (you cant see them in the tall grass). Why do I not visit this place more often?


 Yum, steak......in a few months.


She just talks to them. :)















Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls
Why does she wash out their water pan? I have no idea. She is kind of mirroring GRACE. God does the same thing for us. We do just what the pigs do. Then every morning she comes and gives them fresh water. Then every morning His mercies are new. Lamentations 3:22-23

Then  on my way back in Mr. Rooster makes my day. I love country life. I will admit I don't take the time to enjoy it like I should. It would do me good.

3 comments:

  1. I believe I have hit the gutter at least,..Two time before. :p
    And you should come out with me more! (Wearing boots of course...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your country life LOL Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails