Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Moment of Grace


Janie asleep in the sling. (yes, she has baby acne)


As I was cooking supper with the baby in the sling, in the midst of many things undone, in what could have been a day full of frustration, I just felt so peaceful and blessed. This song came to my mind. I sat at the piano, with her still in the sling, close to my chest. She was so close that her little fuzzy head was easily kissable and I sang this song. I was just simply overwhelmed by God's grace and these lyrics express what I can't. Little Janie went sound asleep while I cried and sang, counting my blessings and being amazed by God's love.

I Am No Stranger To Grace
by: Kyla Rowland

My first thought this morning was of my great riches,
what substance, such treasures the morning did bring,
there was joy beyond telling,
a hope beyond fading,
I'm acquainted with all of these things.

cho: I am familiar with mercy,
known my share of victories,
covered with compassion every day along the way.
The sweetest love, there has been plenty
forgiveness when need be
I am no stranger to grace.

Praying this morning as I tried to thank Him,
His peace fell around me the same as yesterday.
Even though my tomorrows. may have sadness and sorrow
I will still be no stranger to grace.

4 comments:

  1. How can the lost know of the peace that only comes from the Savior, if we don't tell them! Thanks for your testimony, and for putting a beautiful song on my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful heart you have. Thank you for sharing moments like this with us. What a great God we serve!

    I love you,
    Hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you.. and I thank God daily for you, Greg and your family..

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails