Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Distracted Much?

Lately I've noticed that my attention span for reading is not what it used to be. I am a little, well more like a lot, drawn to my iGadgets. iPhone, iPad, iPods, you name and we've got it and are pretty much addicted to it.
I pick up a book and after a few minutes I compulsively grab my phone to check something. Well, now that I've noticed this trend I am determined to break the habit now. I can't imagine what this is doing to my children, who all have an iPod touch.

Yesterday I thoughtfully picked out a new book that I've had but not read. Oh, I've started to read it several times only to get sidetracked. My first thought while reading was how much I love the written word on good old paper. I LOVE the feel of a book in my hand. I'll admit, I really had to make myself focus. I'm not kidding. And this really bothers me.

So, I'm reading Sally Clarkson's Ministry of Motherhood. It is so good, especially with a cup of coffee! Ministry of Motherhood





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails