Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Hands On Math





We are using MFW 1st grade and just love it! One area always had me a little intimidated from the start and that was their way of teaching math. No math book. I'm all about living books, but for math I've always wanted step by step instructions. It took me some time to wrap my thinking around hands-on math but now I think I get it. Today's review was simple and Jenna had fun.

This exercise explores the addition facts of the number 6. We had these little disc that are two sided. Take six of them, toss them on the table and make an equation out of what is showing. Simple and effective.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Love it! We are almost finished with MFW 1st and I have seen the benefit of teaching math this way! My daughter loves math now! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails