Tuesday, October 30, 2007

If there ever was a time to pray....

....these poll results will show you that it is NOW. This was taken from an email I received. I must go on and say that it is not just about praying we must examine our lives and make sure that we do not set stumbling blocks before our children. God's word is to be our guide. I like the saying, "If Jesus came to your house would he feel at home there?" I know I have to work on myself daily, I fail much! But I know my children are worth it!


Bizarre but True: What People Really Believe and Think

According to Cornell University, 9 out of 10 children abandon the values of their parents.

According to USA Today, 83% of the youth leave the church, and 80% of the parents are very worried about their children and the influence on them of the mass media of entertainment.

A new study of 16- to 29-year-olds by the Barna Research Group shows that America's youths are growing more resistant and skeptical to Christianity than were people of the same age a decade ago.

Currently only 16% of young non-Christians said they have a "good impression" of Christianity and only 3% have a favorable view of evangelicals, compared to 25% of young non-Christians viewing evangelicals in the Baby Boomer generation.

USA Today noted that 70 percent of Americans were unable to name the Ten Commandments.
More Americans are familiar with the specific ingredients in a McDonald's hamburger than know the individual commands that comprise the Ten Commandments.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that post. Maybe I could name all the commandments, but I know all my children can not. We will start working on that today! Hold me accountable!
    I love you and miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails