Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Apple Pie Muffins

Well, this is not a "change the world of muffins" recipe, but I'll share it anyway.


This morning I went to make breakfast. Well, I should tell you that after the holiday rush I have not been very inspiring in the kitchen. Add to that the fact that the grocery store has been the last place on my mind. First I thought I'd make drop biscuits and gravy. No, I don't have what I need. How about pancakes....well....no baking soda. Eggs and toast....problem....no bread. Omelets.....well, an egg omelet with just eggs might not be appealing. Thoughts flash, hungry mouths and little eyes watch me. MUFFINS! Okay, we even have a couple of apples. Great. Mix it all up. No what? NO CINNAMON! Oh but I do have Apple Pie Spice.


They were great!


Thanks, Jess, for the very artsy photo of the muffin. :)
Here is the simple recipe.

Apple Pie Muffins



2 cups white whole wheat flour

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 cup milk

1/4 cup vegetable oil or softened butter (optional)*
2 large eggs

2 large apples, peeled and diced
Apple Pie Spice to your liking.



Jessie insisted that I add her favorite photo of the muffin :)



Mix the wet ingredients together. Then add the other, mixing very lightly, just enough to combine. Lastly, I just covered it in Apple Pie Spice! (Sorry, I didn't measure) Mix it in.
Put in muffin tin and bake in a 400 degree, preheated oven.
Yum! Some apple butter would have been great with these. But, beggars cant be choosers! :)

2 comments:

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails