Monday, January 31, 2011

Multitudes on Monday

I hear of the death of a young woman. She is my age. She had a family, a home, a life she fought hard to live. I did not know her on a personal day by day level. But, many I know did.  I have prayed many times for her.

She would love to have time to clean the house, to wash the clothes, to tuck the kids in, to scrub the tub, to praise the Lord, to watch kids laugh, to kiss her husband....one more time.

As the book, One Thousand Gifts, drips with constant reminder. Live in this moment! It is all we have...


70) Health
71) Laughter before the sun woke up
72) learning to live in the moment.....without fear
73) no cavities for Jenna! Yay!
74) sweet moments recognized
75) learning, growing, living all right here together {Thank you, Jesus}



4 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm Melanie too! :) I saw your post on 'A Holy Experience' so I thought I'd stop by and say hello! Your blog is beautiful!!! LOVE the colors and design!

    I'm following you and look forward to reading more!

    Have a great day
    Melanie :) (the 'other one') :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. It's so hard to hear of a death like that. I'm sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am often in awe of how God has blessed and do want to be aware of Him More and our blessings, which includes you and your wonderful ability to convey in words such beautiful thoughts, love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melaine,

    As Summer stated, it's dificult to hear about a young person dying in this fashion. It makes me feel quite sad. It's also a "wake-up" call to me that, as you stated in your post, that we have to be thankful for each day and moment that God gives to us. We can't take anything for granted.

    I found your blog today through another blog. I like the quote on your side bar from the book "Stepping Heavenward." I read that book about a year ago. It was a wonderful story, which I probably should read again.

    At any rate, I like your blog. Your blog seems to have a sweet and scerene spirit. I have decided to "follow."

    Blessings,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails