Monday, January 3, 2011

Christ Like?

I take my faith seriously.
I take my witness seriously.
I fear God.
I love Him.
With a love so deep that I get angry when others trample over His sacrifice.
Remember Peter? That could have been me wielding that sword.
Let me say right here, I. AM. NOTHING. I know I am a sinner saved by GRACE. This is just what is on my mind today. Heavily.
Christ left us a great example.
 His yoke is easy.
His burden light.
Yet, sometimes I wonder why I feel it so deeply and my fellow traveler seemingly takes it so lightly.

How do I love those who profess they "love Jesus" but their lives fly in the face of what Christ was like. How do I approach them with the same love that Christ approached sinners. I guess I struggle because most of what has gotten to me is from Christians, not a lost sheep struggling to find its way. Yet, I don't want to ever think that I am better than anyone else. I am the chief among sinners, but I don't air my sins on Facebook for all the lost world to see. I don't stand in church and proclaim that my sister is headed straight to hell and think that I never offend anyone myself. I don't intentionally do things, partake of things or dress in ways that even non-believers know a Christian should not do. I get Christian liberty. I really do. I don't get just walking over the blood.

Yet, I'm in a quandary. I've got little ones watching my every move and word. Do I want them to think I am the judge? Heaven forbid. Do I want them to think that when they are saved any old way will do? Surely not! We need the salt of the earth kind of Christians. Not loud mouthed hypocrites. We need spirit filled souls so hungry to commune with God that they try to keep their earthly tabernacle as spotless as possible. The kind of people that long to enter the Holy of Holies and they know that it takes a holy life to do it. Our pitiful best is still just filthy rags.

This post is just a ramble, I know. I go for weeks with nothing then come back with a rambling mess.
I am burdened. For the Church. For my children. For my loved ones. I guess just thinking on a new year has got me pondering. Running across things on this wonderful world wide web, especially the social networks sometimes can cause one to just step back and think.

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:


I want my life to count for Him. I am nothing. I am not a Pharisee. I know I can do nothing to merit God's love. But boy can I crucify my flesh. I can strive to become more like Him. I can praise Him that I still hear his voice and that I am willing to lay down my life that I might live to follow Him.
 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.   For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.   For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.   I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Grace is calling my name.
Humility is asking to abide in me.
Compassion is pleading to be found.
 I want to have more of those attributes. I want others to have them too. I want a revival in the hearts of Gods people. I want my children to be able to tell the wheat from the tares....in love. For me, sometimes, it is a hard thing. But, with God all things are possible....
The Potter know the clay. He could have thrown me away many times.
Grace.
What love.
May I learn how to be more like Him.
I can't make anyone love God. I can only live in a way that His love can be seen in me.


Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;  Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.



1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Melanie. Beautifully written, and I feel your frustration too! I just want my children to see something REAL in my walk with Christ. I have so much work to do, but thank God for that marvelous grace you spoke of!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails