Tuesday, January 11, 2011

As A Child



Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:4



It was late.
What a nice day we had all had.
Snow covered everything. It was just as I had hoped for. Snowed in. With Dad here too.

So, why  was I getting ill.

Well, not to make excuses but it had been a full day of washing the snow covered wet clothes and cooking, washing dishes, cooking again..... I was just tired. It was late.

The third or fourth western was blaring, the men were hooting. I was throwing a little pity party in my mind. (please know this did not last long)

Little Jenna wants to help. She is more than willing. I gave in and said "yes" to her plea to.....wash dishes.....gulp.....

So, I had not said a word. Just mumbling in my head. "I'm tired. I want to sit and read, or blog, i'm just working while everyone is at leisure."  Honestly, I'm embarrassed to tell it. But, for the sake of transparency, I will.

Jenna starts singing.....
A hymn...
Joyfully....

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22


Lord, forgive me, my heart cries. I talk to my girls about serving in your home, joyfully
Then it takes a little child to remind me.

I thank you, Lord, for these precious teachers in my little home.

~~~~

It's ten p.m. The sweet man is really needing chocolate. 
" I'll bake you some brownies"
"Are you sure? You have just finished cleaning the kitchen."
"Yes, it is no problem."

We are snowed in, what else do I need to do?

Enjoy my blessings. That's what I need to do.




5 comments:

  1. I love your family, and I love YOU!
    This post is so encouraging...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how this blessed me! To know that I'm not the only one that goes through what you're describing. How precious that God used your daughter to show you this truth. (and she is just adorable, btw) Thank you for sharing this :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenna,

    Don't you just love what comes out of the mouths of babes?

    God bless,
    Lady Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie,

    Sorry LOL! Called you Jenna by mistake! Mommy brain...

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails