Monday, January 4, 2010

Poppa's Chili


Saying it is cold here in the South is an understatement! We folks just ain't used to this kind of cold (bad grammar ~Southern dialect~ on purpose). The highs during the day are below freezing, the last I looked at the temp gauge it read 24 degrees. The lows are in the teens and then factor in the wind chill. Josh and Greg have stayed busy busting ice for the animals to have water. I could think of nothing better to have to warm us up tonight than my dad's famous (at least around these parts) chili.



Here is the recipe that I changed just a tad. Same great taste!


2 lbs. ground beef. (I boil my ground beef to remove as much fat as possible)
1 can Chili Hot Beans
2 cans Luck's Pinto Beans with onion
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 packs of Chili-O mix
2 tbs chili powder

Blend 1 can pinto's and 1 can of tomatoes in the blender. Add this to the other ingredients and the beef. I added about 4 cups of water, just enough for it to simmer. Let it cook for 1-2 hours. I have cooked this in my crock pot with great success.

Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Serves about 9
And....if you are interested it is 5 Weight Watchers points.

As a side note, I just looked at that picture and thought I should tell you...I have no idea what side the spoon should have been on ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so good! Can't wait to try this recipe, and I can't wait for Jason to come home and build a fire...brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We folks just ain't used to this kind of cold (bad grammar ~Southern dialect~ on purpose) You CAN be funny! I always knew you could!! :D LOL just kidding!

    Love you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chili is the best! Thank you for sharing it with us, and for your friendship. Your new blog background is the prettiest I have ever seen. Keep up the good work...you have a lot to share.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails