Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 27 of 100 Days of Health Habit


Well, the headache was gone this morning. Croup was here instead. Poor Josh has strep and croup. Thank God we had medicine and I just keep praying the little ones don't get it. Croup has always done a number at our house. To top it off, I was sure that I was getting a stomach bug this evening. I quickly downed some Tummy Tune-Up and whispered another prayer.

Today has been a day that I just wanted to eat all day long! It was a struggle to stay in my calorie range. I did manage to do enough of a workout to burn an additional 380 calories. One thing I did do to try to get in little burst of activity was this: every hour or two I would go out and just walk fast around the house 5 or 6 times. That equaled out to about 1000 steps for 5 laps.

Now I want to share a recipe. I have been all over that Spark Recipes site and we have tried another new Crock Pot recipe today. It was very different from anything I have made in the past. This time I will try to remember to give you the nutrition info....Sorry about that yesterday.


So I got this off of Spark Recipes and of course I changed it somewhat.

Orange Pineapple Chicken 
1 1\2 pounds of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Tenderloins (cut into bite size pieces)
20 oz pineapple chunks in juice 
1 small can of sliced Water Chestnuts, drained
1/2 large green bell pepper, sliced from top to bottom 
1/2 medium onion, sliced from top to bottom 
1 1/2 t soy sauce 
1/4 t ginger powder 
1 clove garlic, minced 
15 oz mandarin oranges, drained

Place all ingredients, except for oranges, into 4 quart slow cooker. 
Cook on high for 3-4 hours
or Low for 6 hours.
The last 30 minutes put in the oranges.

I served it with brown rice.(count those calories separately) Yummy!


Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 343.0

    Total Fat: 2.2 g
    Cholesterol: 98.6 mg
    Sodium: 234.4 mg
    Total Carbs: 37.3 g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
    Protein: 40.4 g


It says 4 servings. We had a little more than that.

Enjoy!

Steps: 11282
Calories tracked and in range!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails