Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 40 of 100 Days of Health Habit




Can I tell you how many times I've heard that exercise all through the day is as good as one long block of activity? I never really thought that could be true. I always thought that I had to have at least an hour of hard sweating to burn the most calories.

Then comes the Fitbit. Every day it tells you, based on age, weight and activity, how many calories you should have burned. On day 40 I was still trying to recover from day 39. It was all I could do to get the steps in. At 7:00 pm I only had 2000! I almost cried! So after I drug myself through a five mile walk I went to the computer to check my numbers. I begin to compare the days where I am intentional about getting steps in every hour versus when I sit most of the day (schooling) and then do a big workout. In both days I get in the same amount of steps, however, I burn more calories overall when I do little spurts of activity through the day. So I said all this to say DON'T be defeated in your attempt to lose weight if you can't do an hour workout every day or go to the gym. Fifteen minutes at a time, several times a day will do the same, if not more!


Sorry to post this late... Life gets so full sometimes.

Steps:10023
Calories tracked and in range.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I am not able to fit a whole hour to exercise but when I send the kids out to play for half an hour in the morning then I will walk around the yard for that half an hour. Then later in the evening I will get another half hour of exercise in.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails