Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 29 of 100 Days of Health Habit


Here we are at the end of day 29. In the last 29 days I have read many articles on the subject of weight loss. One thing that I never knew about was BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the number of calories it takes for your body just to function. Then you can add into the equation how active you are and see about how many calories you will burn in one day. Then you can see how many calories you need to take in to meet your weight loss goal. One pound of fat is 3500 calories. If you want to lose one pound per week then you will need to create a 500 calorie deficit each day. If you can add in some exercise you will only help your cause. The workout I did yesterday burned a whopping 501 calories!

So, below I put in a widget for you to use to calculate your BRM. You can find them all over the web and if you have an iPhone or iPod touch there are many apps that will do all of the calculations for you. You can adjust that number as your weight goes down.

Steps: 10078
calories tracked and in range!
Here's to health!





Can I just pop in here and say that when I plug my numbers in that widget the calorie recommendation I get is shocking when you consider I want to lose weight. We have been drilled that 1200 calories is a must for everyone. That does not take into account body size. That may be why some heavy dieters are always hungry and fail at losing weight.....you think?

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, my beautiful friend. Keep up the great work. You inspire me to walk, sing to the Lord, and pray daily. You are precious to me.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails