Monday, March 7, 2011

Sweet Peace. Sweet Love.



I don't know how we got here. I sit and ponder on it. Two people grown into mature love for one another yet still giddy with like-new love. How do some grow bitter and apart? And yet I love him more deeply than ever and I feel it. He loves me too, all of me. Forty-something, after four babies, flighty, sometimes moody, messy-housed, "honey your laundry is in the dryer," me. There is a deep respect that was not demanded. It was carefully nurtured and tended, guarded fiercely. I can't write a book and tell others how to do it. THE BOOK, told us. I don't know why He chose to bless the two of us with this gift. We just trusted that if we did it His way that we could be happy. Together. Joined. We are two, yet one. Were there rough times? Oh, those first few years....wow.... so glad God worked on those stubborn, self-centered ways. I think on those days fondly, I live in these days gladly. That is my Multitudes on Monday. So humbly thankful for this gift that has built this home and four little blessings. I pray and beg God to be forming someone for them who will make them feel as loved and secure as Sweet Hubby makes me. 

and counting.....
252 a clean house
253 the sunrise
254 washing machine humming
255 How his "I love you " still makes my heart skip
256 homeschool
257 morning bird singing
258 Rooster crowing
259 the feeling of home
260 church family
261 peace
262 grace, again

3 comments:

  1. *sigh* Yes... your list is wonderful. It feels like a peaceful list... love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AS A WOMAN AND MOST AS A MOM THIS POST MAKES MY HEART HAPPY FOR YOU BOTH, YOU INDEED HAVE WHAT GOD INTENDED BETWEEN A MAN AND WOMAN AND FOR THIS I AM THANKFUL! I LOVE YOU SWEET DAUGHTER!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m here from Ann’s today.

    I have never prayed for as many marriages EVER as I have in my time blogging in this community. EVER!!! I now can say I’ve prayed for yours too :)

    My favorite one: 258 Rooster crowing (Oh my, I can never hear one and NOT think of Peter – and how that must have felt – and what an amazing comeback he made)

    This was terrific. Thank you

    God Bless and keep you and all of yours.

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails