Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 47 & 48 of 100 Days of Health Habit



Goodness.....now I am getting so bad that I am having to combine the days! Sorry about that. We are having a "stay-cation" this week and those seem to be busier than normal life!

Yesterday (Day 47) started out very good. I got up and worked out early! Can you believe it? I did. Then we went to the mall (that is not normal for me). Janie, the 2 year old has been begging to get her ears pierced since her big sister Jenna wears earrings. I need to get some pictures of that on here.....Anyway, it was a great day and I crawled into bed without even thinking that I would need to question how many steps I made. Surely I had surpassed my daily goal? Imagine my shock when just before turning out the lamp I gaze in wide-eyed wonder at the little Fitbit that is telling me I am about 1000 steps short for the day!!!! I was shocked. Needless to say I did not get out of bed and do 1000 steps. Oh well, no more assumptions for me. Calories were all good, even with a trip to Starbucks (oh yeah...that was good!)

Now on to day 48. Wow, I am so tired just typing this. Last week we were very busy and I did not keep up my routine of 2 loads of laundry a day. Well, that spells disaster at this house. Today I have done 10 loads. I hung 5 loads out on the line (that is so awesome!) and did the others inside. Just a moment ago I was shocked to see that I have 9500 steps and have not even done a walking workout!  Just taking away a little modern convenience and I increased  my activity level greatly! Think about that in your life. We all have so many things that help our lives so much but they cause us to be so sedentary. Ummmm....is that really helping us? Just look at the obesity problem in this country.

So, I have a few more things to do and that will easily put me over 10000 steps for the day.

We had a treat tonight and ordered Pizza Hut. This is rare because it is just expensive. What did I have? The Veggie Lovers pizza was awesome and only 180 calories a slice! The trick to lifestyle change is not feeling deprived. Just little changes. I did not miss the Meat Lovers or the heartburn that accompanied it!

Almost half way there!



1 comment:

  1. This was so encouraging to read.. something personally hard happened today (despite it being my 18th birthday !!), and I just want to cry my eyes out at times. Some things can be so hard. So it's nice to see a little joy! I need to go open my Bible. Thanks for posting, i'm glad there was a delay for you on it. God knew. (And praise Him for that!)

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails