Monday, February 28, 2011

Black Bean Chicken (a crock pot meal)

Don't you just love crock-pot cooking? It is my favorite, for sure! Well, this is one awesome recipe. You have just got to try it.

I found it on Spark Recipes
They also have a great iPhone app. Check it out!


Join me at: SparkPeople.com





Black Bean Chicken (my version)

2 Cans of Black Bean (get the low sodium if possible)
1 16 ounce Salsa
1/2 Cup Brown Rice
1 can of Rotel
1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast (I used chicken breast tenders , they were on sale)

Throw it all in and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
I cooked it on high for 5 (my chicken was thawed)
Watch it and don't let it dry out.


Fabulous!

This would be awesome in a flour tortilla, whole wheat of course, with some shredded lettuce. We had it with chips, cheese and sour cream.

Try it, you will love it! The family does not have to know that it is healthy! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails