Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 13 of 100 Days of Health Habit




Well, is it getting to be a habit yet?
They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Yes, it is getting easier to "just do it" and I am glad. I want this to be a lifestyle change not just a "diet" which is usually just a temporary thing. I myself have lost and gained an untold amount of weight over the years.


So, a little insight to what has been going on. Well, feeling very good about my consistency I decided to hop on the scale and wait for it to tell me exactly how good I should feel.

IT. CRUSHED. ME.

What was I thinking weighing myself right now? I am way co-dependent on that shiny piece of metal that speaks in a numeric code.

So, my dear sweet hubby, with some encouraging words is taking control of this little problem I have.

Yep, that is my man carrying that mean thing away.

He said to me. "Your goal was 100 days of consistency....not 12, do not get back on this thing until the 100 days are over."

Well.....I can be strong. Can't I?

I feel good about what I am doing. That freaky looking number on that scale sent me back to self doubt and frustration. It is because I have no confidence whatsoever that my body will do what everyone says it should if I watch "calories in and calories out." I just don't think that I work that way....so I look for that number on the scale and it trumps whatever good, healthy things I have done. And that is just wrong!

Thanks Sweet Hubby for the help. I will try to stay off the scale {just please don't hide it. :)}

Steps today: 10,817
Calories tracked and in range.



{Read the beginning of the story here: 100 Days of Health Habit or click the label "100 Days" to see all the post}

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY! It was about time Dad took matters into his own hands.... literally too!

    "IT. CRUSH. ME."

    Ya got that right Sugar! "FOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Is not a pleasant thing to wake up too,BTW....

    :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, Jessie!

    -- don't look at that evil scale! It is deceiving!! Look at Proverbs 31:17!!! :)

    You've inspired me to get up and exercise a little! That has always been my weakness. SO I bought a pedometer and it's only my 2nd day of tracking my steps, but I decided to follow you and make my goal 10,000. I had NO idea how bad I was! Yesterday I took TWO walks, one with the crazy dog (or really, she walked me), and I ended up with only 7,065! 3.33 miles!! And goes on walks is NOT a regular thing for me!!

    I called one of my best friends today, and had over 5,000 steps while on the phone with her - this day is ending with nearly 12,000 steps. :D I am VERY glad! Needless to say, though, I am SORE and EXHAUSTED.

    :)

    P.S. - muscle is heavier than fat. So all that fat you're burning is turning into something better. ;) Proverbs 31:17. Don't lose heart! This is very inspiring, and it's really helping me! I'd actually like to see you keep counting the days once your goal is over. It would be so beneficial! And what a thing to tell your grandkids, when that day comes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth!

    How encouraging! You have helped me much more that I have you. Thank you!!

    Don't you just love the pedometer? I thought I was a really busy (as in active) woman. But one day I just did regular household stuff and school and at the end of the day only had 2500 steps!

    I am so proud of you!

    Keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails