Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 3 of 100


Another one down!

Today 10,172 steps (and I am sure to log some more just getting everything ready for church in the morning.)
Tracked my calories and stayed in range.

To get my steps in I did the Walk At Home Four Super Miles
Then after supper I did a quick 2 Super Miles

The kids had pizza....I happily had a turkey on wheat with baby spinach, tomato and Dijon. It amazes me how strong I can be some days and how weak I can get. I am just thankful for this healthy day.

I have decided not to have a weight loss goal in mind. I am just determined to do my best for the next 96 days and see how dedication pays me back. If I have been faithful, I will be happy.


Now for a treat. Here is what we had for dinner last night. I adjusted it to feed our family of 6. Everyone loved it! The fresh basil is worth the time to chop it up! (Thanks to Josh for doing that!) We included steamed broccoli, new potatoes and home made french bread.

From Weight Watchers
Chicken Parmigiana with Beefsteak Tomato Sauce

/images/1033/dynamic/foodandrecipes/2008/03/chickenparmigiana2_n_lg.jpg_ALT 19 people rated this recipe
PointsPlusTM value | 6
Servings |  4
Preparation Time |  20 min
Cooking Time |  30 min
Level of Difficulty |  Easy

 main meals |  Our version of this Italian-American classic has a crunchy oat topping that's baked until golden and topped with homemade tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.


Ingredients


  • 2 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
  • 2 1/2 packet(s) uncooked instant oatmeal, 1 oz each (about 1 cup total)
  • 2 tsp dried oregano, divided
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp table salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
  • 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, four 4 oz pieces
  • 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
  • 1 large tomato(es), beefsteak, cored and diced
  • 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
  • 1 cup(s) shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese

Instructions


  • Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

  • In a shallow bowl, combine oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Add chicken to oat mixture and turn to coat both sides, pressing oat mixture onto chicken with your hands. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and lightly coat surface with cooking spray; bake 20 minutes.

  • Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine tomato sauce, tomato and remaining teaspoon of oregano. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes; remove from heat and stir in basil.

  • Remove chicken from oven (keep oven at 400ºF) and top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup of sauce and 1/4 cup of cheese. Return pan to oven and bake until cheese is melted and golden, about 7 to 10 minutes more. Yields 1 piece of chicken per serving.
 In Master Cook the calories for 1 chicken breast came out to  270. Fat 7 . For anyone not doing the points program.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails