Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 20 of 100 Days of Health Habit



Boy, the days just fly by.

It is so hard managing time and all that I need to do as a wife, mother, homeschool mom, daughter and whatever else I may need to be. My greatest excuse for years has been time, not having enough time to exercise. In all honesty, if I tracked the time that I have blown on Facebook alone I cannot say with a clear conscience that I do not have time for health. Here I will quote from my favorite book....again....☺

 "I don’t really want more time; I Just want enough time.” 
“I just want time to do my one life well.”
-Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts


Yes, time blurs by. I don't want to come to the end of my life and have regrets. Yes, everyone will regret something. But to have to regret a lazy life. A life lived not fully using what God blessed me with. A life lived tired and frustrated by not feeling well. A life lived with sickness brought on by bad choices. Many, many people live with disabilities and they have no choice. They press on. I have been blessed and have not lived out my life like I appreciate what God has given me. My health may leave tomorrow but at least I can say that I did what I could today to make it count. And, I don't want to over spiritualize this 100 Day thing but frankly my weight has hindered my service for God. When you get up on Sunday morning and nothing fits and your back aches from 90 extra pounds and sitting on the piano stool hurts....that does affect how I worship. I am not a vain person, I don't know the latest fashion trends. I avoid the mall at all cost. I go to Dollar General with no make-up! I just want to feel good. I want to not be ill because I hurt or my clothes feel like a tent on me. I hope that is clear  here. 

I want to share a site that I have found extremely helpful. For the last year I have been a paying member of Weight Watchers. I love the plan. I loved going to the meetings, but I hated leaving the house just as soon as my tired hubby came home. I know it was just one night a week, but it was hard and if I could not go then I did not do well. This time I have decided to do this on my own, for me. Not for my WW leader. This site is free and has all of the perks of WW. Perhaps more. 

SparkPeople.com: Get a 100% FREE Online Diet

I am finally getting used to it and like it a lot. It has a huge recipe section and a place where you can input your own recipes and see the nutritional content of them. There are tons of health articles as well.

Well, its getting late. Perhaps my next challenge should be set bedtimes and waking times....you know this free spirit can only do so much at a time. :)

Steps: 11615
Calories tracked and in range!


2 comments:

  1. When you are as beautiful inside and out as you are you do not have to be vain, it is all natural, I am one proud momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a post I will be re-reading for a long time. Keep at it, Mrs. Melanie! I needed to hear this. We all do!

    ReplyDelete

Let's talk! Let me know you stopped by. I love to read your comments and thoughts. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails